Apply for Social Security Disability
Applying for disability? Our firm can help!
Applying for Social Security disability can be a daunting thought, especially for individuals who are unfamiliar with the process. The Social Security Administration (SSA) is extremely particular and strict, making it necessary for you to understand your situation, your options, and what you need to do in order to obtain benefits. At Agnew & Rosenberger PLLC, we understand how concerned you may be as you seek to file a claim for benefits through the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program, and we are here to help.
Below are five tips that we can offer to help you get started on the right foot:
- Educate yourself. The best way to feel confident as you apply for SSDI is to be informed. Read through our website for extensive information about Social Security disability benefits and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) so that you are as familiar as possible with the programs before filing. An attorney can also answer any remaining questions that you have and can help you file a strong application.
- Apply online. The actual process of applying for SSDI has become somewhat simpler in recent years. Nowadays, you can apply online with a step-by-step program. You can even walk away without completing the application and save where you left off, allowing you to come back later without losing your place or the sections that you already completed. This means that you can complete your application on your own time and review it as many times as you like to check for accuracy before submitting it. You can also apply in person at your local Social Security office or over the phone with an appointment, but applying online is the most convenient, the most popular, and the most recommended means of applying. An attorney can guide and assist you through the process of applying online to help ensure that you don’t make any mistakes.
- Be thorough. Accuracy is the key when applying for disability benefits. One mistake on your end could cause your claim to be denied. Each section of your application must be completed thoroughly and truthfully in order for your claim to have a strong chance of success.
- Submit copies of your medical records. Medical evidence of your disability is vital. When you apply for disability benefits, be sure to submit copies of your medical records to prove that you are in fact disabled and that you are unable to work. In cases in which you are applying for Supplemental Security Income, you should also provide evidence of your low income and limited resources.
- Hire a lawyer. One of the best ways to be confident during the application process is to have the counsel and guidance of a skilled attorney. Our firm has handled countless Social Security disability cases and can assist you from start to finish as you apply for disability benefits or for an appeal in the event that your claim is wrongfully denied. We take cases at all stages and have successfully handled cases before the SSA, the Virginia Court of Appeals, and federal court, earning us the respect of our clients and peers.
Speak with Our Social Security Disability Attorneys in Virginia
These tips are just the beginning! Retain a Virginia Social Security disability lawyer from Agnew & Rosenberger PLLC today to help you through the entire process. We have more than 80 years of collective experience and have a reputation for excellence in SSD cases. Our lawyers get to know all the facts in order to provide the highest quality service and results. We keep our clients informed, explaining everything in plain English so that there is no uncertainty or confusion.